Reception & Office Manager
Reports to: The EA to the Directors
Location: Frithville Gardens, Shepherds Bush, London or another office within reasonable distance.
Start Date: As soon as possible without compromising on the eligibility and suitability of the candidate.
To ensure appropriate first contact with external visitors and callers (clients, artists and suppliers). Responsibility also includes ensuring that all supplies are fully stocked, office facilities are in working order and that the office building as a whole runs efficiently and smoothly. The role is critical in representing ie:music as the first point of contact with the outside world and requires initiative in knowing what to refer to others, as well as when and how to do so.
• To manage all external contacts (whether by phone, email or face-face) and handle them efficiently and courteously.
• Greet and welcome all visitors and offer refreshments.
• To maintain a tidy reception, office area and meeting rooms.
• To maintain all office facilities, machines and electronics.
• To order and monitor all office supplies and consumables from ink cartridges, stationary and digital requirements to office lunches.
• To oversee the telecoms system and refer issues appropriately.
• To run the office meeting room diary and make sure meeting rooms are readily available and that there is no duplication, highlighting when rooms are not going to be available and recommending pre-emptive action.
• To manage all incoming and outgoing post and couriers.
• To oversee the office IT systems and refer accordingly, including assisting and supporting the team with mobile phones and laptops etc.
• To manage the outsourced cleaning contract and staff, monitoring the outcome and alerting their manager to any shortfall.
• To manage office maintenance contracts, including phones, fire alarm maintenance etc.
• To ensure the office is kept up to date with legislation, Health and Safety, Fire Safety, First Aid etc.
• To filter the [email protected] enquiries and refer accordingly.
• Update staff records with any changes and communicate to all staff.
• Create and update signatory lines for the company.
• To manage ie:music social media platforms.
• To organise staff social events and staff birthdays.
• General support to the whole company with ad hoc duties, including ie:west and ie:east or as directed by the EA to the Directors.
Candidates’ Background and Experience:
This role can be very busy and we are looking for someone who is extremely organised and able to remain calm under pressure. This post will suit someone who is looking for a very hands-on varied role in a small, busy and fun-loving company. This individual will understand the importance of maintaining the front of house to a high standard and a well-run office environment. The post holder must be able to use their initiative, prioritise workload and also be pro-active and forward thinking.
Potential candidates for this post will need to demonstrate:
• Some relevant experience on a busy reception and some experience of office/facilities management
• A track record of being a team player
• Strong communication skills
• Ability to be highly reactive, whilst also being pro-active and prioritise workload accordingly
• Energy and enthusiasm a ‘can do’ attitude and be very self-motivated
• An eye for detail
• Passion for high standards of delivery in all areas
A sound basic education and a track record of commitment to work will be paramount.
Those who wish to be considered should submit a CV along with a covering letter explaining why they are interested in the post and what they will bring to it. The letter should also detail current remuneration and notice period.
Applications must be made via email to [email protected] by close of business on Monday 29th May 2016. Please put the job title in the subject line.
Candidates who are long-listed will be interviewed by the EA to the Chairman June 5th / 6th 2017.
Compensation and Details of Employment
Salary: Dependent on experience
Monday to Friday 9am – 6pm, although during busy periods the post-holder is expected to work such additional hours as the job demands.
Annual leave is 25 days per annum plus an additional non-contractual and discretionary 15 days for an extended Christmas closure.
• Company Pension Scheme
• Private Health Insurance
• Critical Illness Insurance
• Life Insurance
Offer of employment: Any offer of employment will be made subject to two satisfactory references.